Friday, November 14, 2008

Seek God & Live


I shared my first sermon in Midland this past Sunday. Pastor Dave helped me put together a message that ended up being very personal. We are in a series of banner quotes and mine was "Seek God & Live". It seemed like such a simple idea yet through the week it became a strong reminder to me that in seeking, God instead of any number of selfish pursuits, I would find the life God desires for me. The idea that my potential, even if misused, underused or abused is not in conflict with God's dream for me. I do look back and see times when I was seeking my own dream, and my own plans, but today, in new ways, I am seeking God and I am finding that there is a dream that God has for me that fits my life better than my own dream ever could. I love where God is taking me, and I love the dream God is revealing each day. I choose to seek God and Live.


Check out our Podcast to hear the entire Banner Quotes Series.

No comments: