Monday, March 10, 2008

Seeking God's Will

In seeking God's will I have asked questions that I would bet are quite popular with anyone who has pursued this goal. "what do you want me to do God?" "Why have you put me in this situation God?" "What in the world are you doing God?"

It's this last question that I believe has brought me the closest to the truth of knowing God's will. I am learning that seeking God's will is not just asking God if we should by this house or that house, or if we should take this job or that job, or if we should marry this person or not, or if I should have raisin bran or corn chex. Seeking God's will is as unimaginable and as simple as seeking God. To know God, to know His ways and His thoughts. God's will is that we would know Him. In knowing Him we can begin to renew our minds and become like Him and discern His ways.

Paul said it pretty well
Romans 12:2
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

That is exactly what I am after.

No comments: