Thursday, March 13, 2008

God In Me

Jack Handy writes - “If God dwells inside us like some people say, I sure hope He likes enchiladas, because that's what He's getting”

I was blessed by the love and support of my family and my church staff to be able to invest two days in prayer and study at St. Francis Retreat Center. During my time I had such a renewed sense of how much God loves us. It sounds flat as I write this but spending that time in God's word and having uninterrupted worship and prayer time just kept crushing me with the significance of God's love in my life. I went with a list of questions, I came home with the same set of questions. I came back today from my retreat with a greater thirst for just being with Him. I came home with a renewed desire and urgency to know God better and to have Him fully dwell within me. I guess my questions can wait, they don't seem as urgent as they did a couple of days ago.

No comments: