Friday, April 4, 2008

God's Love

During my two day retreat at St. Francis retreat center I was very much invested in seeking God's will. But like God often does, He had something different in mind. I sat down at a table prepared for me and began enjoying the meal. As I was reflecting on my pursuit of God's will I suddenly was truly blessed by the pitcher of water on my table! It seems like a very simple idea as I share it, but it is a very powerful idea when I embrace it. God reminded me through a simple pitcher of ice water that His will was that I know how greatly He loves me, cares for me, and provides for me. He is the source of rest, refreshment, and life.
I decided at this meal to buy a water pitcher to have on my family's table at home. I want this water pitcher to be a reminder for my family and I, of God's love, of God's care and of God's providing life to us.

No comments: